Wednesday 14 January 2015

Challenge 23: Glitz and Glamour Top 3 Inspiration

Today I have for you some wonderful inspiration for this months challenge Glitz and Glamour. You still have about a week until the challenge closes, you can enter the challenge HERE, or by following the instructions in the above tab and e-mailing us your entry.

First up, and in no particular order we have Janny:


Janny wrote this about her piece:

I really like to make a card as a guest designer. Card making has been a long time one of my hobbies. My other hobbies are painting with oil, watercolor and also pastel drawing, which you can find with the link to my blog (see below this message). The watercolor painting is also reflected in my cards. 
For the following card I used the next techniques. This techniques I choose because of the "Glitz and Glamour challenge".
First of all I have the bird with Stazon ink, stamped on glitter paper and the flowers on patterned glitter paper. So you get a soft print of the bird.Then I colored the bird and the flowers a little with water-soluble markers. I used white paper for the punched star and I have edited the edge of the star with ink. I used the bird and the flowers  as a collage on patterned paper with here and there some glitter glue and rhinestones. 
If you like to see another spring card with this technique you can take a look on my blog. http://www.kaarten-van-janny.blogspot.nl/.

And next up this month we have Lynn


Lynn wrote this about her piece:
How I did it :

The background was inked using distress inks - Stormy Sky, Victorian Velvet and Crushed Olive, and then splattered with a little water. Then I stamped with the script stamp in Stormy Sky. I stamped the character from the Skegness plate 3 times on Indigo Blu stamping card and cut out and coloured in using distress inks, and added Autumn Blaze mega flakes to his belt and boot tops. Glamour is not only the domain of elegant ladies! I stamped the Helter Skelter, again from Skegness, on the background in flitter glue and added Autum Blaze mega flakes. Stamped GLAM on the background, from the stamp plate Design Alphabet, in flitter glu and again added Autumn Blaze mega flakes. The 'WE' in "We can do" is made from the WINE stamp on More Than Words.
The characters were glued in place and the final step was to mat the piece on black card then onto a white card blank.
Lynn does not have a blog, but you can see her beautiful cards over on her photobucket feed HERE.

Last but certainly not least we have Ina


Who created this stunnig piece with embossing powders.


Such fun and quirky projects and so very different too! Well done ladies, you are amazing!

The Belle's

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous glitz and glamour cards! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, all different styles brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card from Ina en Lynn and nice to see my card here. Thank you Janny

    ReplyDelete