Thursday 26 May 2016

Mixed Media Card

Hi Lovelies

Georgie here with you today and I'm sharing a mixed media style card!



I used some gorgeous new Indigo Blu products, have you seen some of the new colours...? Once I had added my textured base I used some Gee-Sso Good just lightly over the top and then added Hot Cocoa paint, but sprayed and spritzed to get the painterly effect.

Once that layer was dry, I added Raven Black to create some shadows, and then brushed over the top with Pheasant Bronze. Stamping close to the focal I used Tiny Textures stamp.



Finally I highlighted with Goldfinger, lightly over the top.

The heart was a piece of die cut chipboard. I used some Flitter Glue and Chariots of Fire Mega Flakes, applied a layer of gloss, but went back over with some Hot Cocoa. Just smudged a bit on with my fingers and then randomly dabbed the Flitter Glue and repeated with the flakes to get the distress look to the heart.



Before I added the heart I added some thread and used odd chipboard pieces to help raise it up above the textured base.

Thank you for joining me today and hope you're enjoying the challenge this month.

Hugs
Gee
x

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. this is brilliant!!!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card!! Beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Georgie, this is so striking! What an artsy creation! Love it!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece of work, very eye catching and wonderful composition . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous, I just love the gorgeous textured background you created and the heart is completely stunning. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious mixed media work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stunning n gorgeous card n loved the texture....just mind blowing

    ReplyDelete