Monday 12 June 2017

CAS Distress Stain Ombre Silhouette Card


It's summer time and the livin' is easy!  Autumn with you today to share a simple silhouette card design featuring our lovely new Victorian Garden stamp set.  Here in the US, we've gone wild over Distress Stains, so I created an ombre sunset background with those.  I simply dabbed them onto my craft mat in rows of color then smooshed my watercolor paper into the ink, dabbing any drips.


There are so many color options you could use for this card design, but I chose a sunset palette.  I layered some fabric washi tape at the bottom for a punch.


To get my sentiment just perfect, I first stamped it onto my background panel, then onto the cut circle and matched up the font.  This sentiment is from our new Shine Bright stamp set with the lightbulbs - another must have!

Purchase your Victorian Garden stamp set HERE today!

3 comments:

  1. What glorious colours and pretty silhouette stamps x Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunset, Autumn! I love your ombre effect to set off these fabulous stamps! Thanks for the tip on lining up the font on the die cut! Your card rocks! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Autumn and love the beautifully bright colours you have used and a great idea to put the sentiment on the sun/moon and the added washy tape is a great idea too. x

    ReplyDelete