Thursday 5 October 2017

Drifting Into Autumn





Hello Jannet here today, and I am honoured to be a member of the lovely Indigoblu Design Team for another year. October is full of golden crisp leaves swirling from the trees, so I thought I would try to capture that scene in a picture. I have recycled some items, and foraged from Mother Nature for other lovely natural pieces.


For my canvas I recycled the backing of a Watercolour pad. I began by covering it in fine texture paste. I pressed some leaves into the paste and then peeled them back. Some were more successful than others, but the textures they left were all interesting!




When dry I painted Warm Tan, Leather Corset, and Hot Cocoa over the paste.I had some crumpled copy paper ready to lay over it and then pressed it down, when removed it leaves lots of lovely textures from the creases.
When the paint was drying I repeated this process on a sheet of card, ready to die cut some leaves from. After cutting them, I randomly added a touch of flitterglu and some  flakes from the chocolate box mega flakes, which gave them an autumnal sheen. I crumpled up the leaves to try and make them look more natural.


I inked over the top of the raised leaf shapes in the texture paste and also, added some penny dreadful luscious to add some Shimmering shine. I mixed a pinch of  luscious with clear embossing powder, and heat embossed the Always something New To Discover stamp from the  “Dreams Come True” Stamp set.

I added another helping of texture paste to the base of the picture and added some little art stones into it. When dry I painted over the stones using the same colours as previously, and shook a little luscious with clear embossing powder onto to it, and heat set.

I gathered together some twigs, pressed leaves, and flowers and adhered them along with my die cut leaves onto the canvas.

Happy Autumn xx

Products Used

3 comments:

  1. Whst a fabulous canvas Jannet with lots of wonderful texture and pretty Autumnal colours and love all the added leaves and dried flowers and stones which make it so dimensional. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the textures and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous autumn canvas and love the use of natural resources with everything else ..love it
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete